Tuesday, April 03, 2007

My Son the Movie Critic

Sunday night we got the opportunity to see "Meet the Robinsons" with the rest of Jenny's co-workers from the Disney store. Usually when something new from Disney comes out everyone from the store tries to see it together. It helped this time that one of the co-workers also works at "Rave" so he got us all in for free and he also saved us some of the best seats in the house. SCORE!! Now I saw the previews for this movie and wan't overly impressed or excited to see the movie, but I have been wrong before (I love "Return to Me" even though it's a chick flick). We were taking William with me since he did so well when we went and saw "Cars" in the theatre. I found out Friday that we were going to the 3-D showing and wasn't too sure if William would like that or get the concept, but hey we decided to give it a try. So we head out to the movie Sunday night a little later after a frantic search for our old 3-D glasses from "nightmare before christmas" but only can find one pair. Lucky for us they didn't charge us $2 for the glasses like Carmike did. So we get to the movie theater early and find our contact who gives us our passes to turn in for tickets. As we are stading in line everyone else shows up and starts handing us their passes to us to turn in for tickets so we ended up turning in 19 passes for tickets. I am not sure why we even had to do that since this whole outing with the employees was worked out beforehand but we took care of it (next time we don't get their early) So we go in and we are still a little early before the show. The line for popcorn is a little long and I didn't want to miss the begining of the movie. Another concern that I had for the movie is that William would have to go to the bathroom or that he would have an accident, but hey he has been 6 days without an accident in his underwear. whoo hoooo!!! Or at least a pee accident, he still can't grasp the poopy in the potty concept yet. So I take him into the bathroom and he pees. He finds the automatic toilets and faucets interesting. So we get to our reserved seats (cool) and we decide to sit in the middle since William has just pee peed in the potty and should be good for a while. One of Jenny's co-workers sits next to us with her family. Funny thing is that her co-worker and I went to high school together and were actually friends in marching band where we sat in the same seat on the buses during road trips, so I am relieved that I know the person sitting next to me. I decide that there is enough time to grab some snacks before the show begins. So Murphy's law of lines I pick the wrong one. They are all slow, but for some reason the person running my line is in charge of making the popcorn so she takes on order, fills it, and then messes around with the popcorn. At one point she disappears for a couple of minutes and then come out of the back room dragging a bag of unpopped popcorn, takes her time to fill the tub under the popcorn maker and mixes the next batch of popcorn. I am thinking, "well thank God they aren't busy or anything like that". So she finally gets back to servicing customers. I get up there and order popcorn, pop, and candy. ($10, dang). So I get back to my seat and of course the movie had started so I have to quickly walk in front of the family sitting next to us. Making this harder is that everyone is wearing 3-D glasses so they are staring intensely at the screen. We settle down and start watching the movie and I think the 3-D thing is kinda scaring William a little bit. He starts watching the movie over the top of his 3-D glasses and I am trying to keep him from doing that. About 10 minutes later he stands up and tells me, "pee pee in pottie". What? You just went!! But you can't argue with a kid especially since he is doing so good. So bother the family next to us walking in front of them. To the bathroom, do your thing, wash your hands and back to the movie bothering the family next to us. WE DID THIS 4 MORE TIMES DURING THE FREAKING MOVIE!! I am not sure if William wasn't into the movie, or was more entertained by the automatic faucets than the movie. I tried to move William and I to other seats with better access to an isle after the 3rd time, but he didn't want to do that since Jen was still in our original seats. Thank goodness that I really didn't care that much about this movie since I didn't get to see any of it, but I thought maybe it would be cute, or if nothing else I love the 3-D thing. So thankfully the movie ends and I apologize to the family next to us and they are very understanding since their 3 kids aren't too much older than William. i was thinking that if the movie wouldn't have been free I would have bought them passes to another show. So if you ask me how "Meet the Robinsons" was I will say "I don't know", if you ask William he might say it was good but it couldn't beat the automatic faucets.

No comments: