Friday, May 25, 2007

Andrew

Andrew had another eye surgery last week to continue to correct the vision on his left eye. His surgery last year was to correct a muscle problem that prohibited it's use, and the surgery last week was another one just to tweak that surgery. They moved the muscle on his eye another 2mm. That is as far as they dare to move that muscle and his eyes look almost completely level now. He still can't look up with his left eye, but besides that you can't really tell that he has an eye problem. We went down to Indy this week for a follow up appointment to make sure every thing was alright and according to the doctors everything looks good. I was thinking that the nightmare of putting this poor kid through surgery was finally over since they couldn't move that muscle anymore, but I found out that they want to possibly do more surgeries in the future (there are other muscles they can move) and they now are back to trying to find out what caused the muscle to be a problem in the first place. I thought his surgeries were over, now they are talking about more. You know what, I really don't want to put Andrew through more surgeries every year for a millimeter here and there. Unless they can totally correct the problem I am not sure that I like the idea of more surgeries. Yeah I will do whatever it takes to give my son the best opportunity for normal eyesight, but as of right now they say his vision is fine. I just have a fear of them tweaking his eyes to make them level and hose up his vision.

Just the parent in me talking.

But hey, he is a happy little pain in the butt. And everything else is going normal (thank God)

2 comments:

Cerpicio said...

I'm glad to hear he's doing well.

Marcus said...

Walking through the pature (through ...) is a struggle, but then you're stronger on when you finish.

I'm sorry to read he needs more surgeries, but glad that he's happy and healthy.

Good luck and better still, God's will.