Friday, May 11, 2007

Got a new Toy !!

I got a new toy. It's called a Shoqbox from Philips, and it's the coolest little gadget that I have found in quite some time. Jen's Uncle had one of these things at a family get together at the lake last year. The picture doesn't really do it justice in showing how small this thing is. It is a 512meg mp3 player as well as an fm radio all with integrated speakers built into it. The sound is simply amazing, even at full volume. You can set it to play a playlist or shuffle though all of your mp3's. Rechargable battery so you don't have to go through a bunch of batteries. I was pricing one of these out last year and it was around $100 on-line, but Jen's uncle found it for $40 at sam's club. I made a few trips to sam's club and could never find it. I found out that they don't make it anymore. Huh? Why not. Is it too good of an idea? Did Mac get to them fearing too much competition with the i-pod for a better idea. For giggles the other day I looked them up again and found that I could buy one of these things at Amazon.com for around $55 and I was thinking I would just keep looking, but when I tried to find out how much the shipping was I found out that they had a deal that they would give me $30 back for getting a amazon.com visa card. Score!! So I got my little radio for $30 and a new visa card that I will probably just cut up and throw away. Now the project of importing all of my music onto their progam and putting it into the player, and experimenting with all of the inputs/outputs on the back of this thing to see what all it actually does. It's even got an alarm clock!! That's worth $30. Yeah I know it's the little things anymore that excite me....

No comments: