Thursday, February 28, 2008

Indiana-no place

We made the trek yesterday to Indy to have Andrew's eye checked out again (follow up). We dropped William off at the in laws and hit the road around 11:00 which is almost the time we tried to hit the road. The drive down was pretty uneventful. We drove through numerous snow storms, but just little flakes here and there every once in a while. I am glad I live in a relatively small town. I can't imagine driving in the traffic of a large city every day. A guy in a camper came inches from side swiping me, but luckily I was changing lanes right as he decided that he wanted to be in my lane. Then you have quite the mixture of people going the speed limit, people going slower than the speed limit, and then those who think its the autobahn and weave in and out of traffic like total idiots. We were about half an hour early for the appointment which gave us just enough time to run down the the built in McDonald's at Riley's. As soon as Andrew saw the golden arches he was excited. (he love Mcdonald's). We quickly ate lunch and headed upstairs for his appointment. We had a relatively short wait and headed back to see the doctor. Basicly everything looks good for his eyes. We just have to keep and eye on his eye and if it starts having a problem where they don't track the same we need to contact them. If nothing then back in another 6 months for another checkup. Nothing like 7 hours of driving and farting around for a 10 min appointment. I got a chance to see the CT scan from the last time were were there and ask why we put Andrew through that hell, and got a pretty satisfactory answer. So back on the road to Fort Wayne. We again hit snow storms on the way back, and one by Marion was bad enough to make me kick off the cruise with the roads looking slick. I also had a van behind me that was just going slighly faster than me, but when she got in my blind spot she went the same speed. So I had to keep speeding up to pass people since she wouldn't pass me, man that was annoying. So back in town by 5:00 and the in laws were nice enough to run down to KFC and get dinner for us.

A cool thing that I saw on the way back is that they are building a new outdoor mall at the noblesville exit (Deercreak) and it has an IMAX theater. They have another IMAX theater in Indy but this one would be alot quicker to get to for us. We just might have to go down for a few shows if they have some cool stuff. Yet another reason for the Q's to move to Indy :)

New Imax theater (Hamilton 16) info : HERE

No comments: