Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Another year older

Yep, Monday was my birthday. I didn't really have any plans since I wasn't real sure of Jen's work schedule. I was thinking that if Jen didn't work that we would go out for a nice dinner without the kids. Why is it we are trying to get rid of the kids to have a "nice" dinner? Probably since we know it will be "nice" not having to deal with the worry of keeping the kids from destroying a restaurant. Anyhow. We find out that Jen didn't have to work and my mom offers to have a get together at her house. She suggests a few things for dinner with one being lasagna. ooohhh yeah I will never say no to a good lasagna. We ended up with quite the group including the in-laws and my brother and sister in law. The boys had a blast playing with Uncle Dan and Uncle Jim. Dinner was delicious but very filling. Jen made me a very good yellow cake with homemade chocolate frosting. We finally headed home after 9:00 so we could get the boys to bed at a decent time.

I also got the Lego Indiana Jones game from my dad (it pays to blog what you like). I was a little worried when I threw it in since it wasn't loading very well, but I tried it again later and it loaded alot better. Jen got me a new controller so she can play also.

There was one, kind of annoying thing that happened. I got not one but THREE of those cards where you open them and it plays a song. The boys LOVE these cards and are continually opening and closing them, and open and close, and open and close. Quite the mix of Quiet Riot's "Cum on feel the noise", Otis day and the knights "shout" and one card that just "clucks". The batteries do wear out don't they?

All kidding aside I had a great time....

1 comment:

Marcus said...

Happy birthday to you!!