Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The Q collective is in town

The Q collective is in town. They came in Monday night much to the joy of the boys as the non stop playing didn't stop until dark. We fed the kids chicken nuggets, but decided to grab some Fish of Stroh for the adults. I haven't had fish of stroh in quite a few years and it was pretty good, but not exactly how I remember. I think they might have changed the breading recipe a little bit with the new owners. It was good, but holy crap it was expensive. After finally getting the kids to bed we just sat around and visited. Yesterday both Jen and I had to work so the Q's just drove around the fort and visited John's sister. A funny thing; as the Q's were visiting they were keeping an eye on the clock and thought, 8:30, time to get the kids to bed, but upon getting into the car they see that it is actually 9:30. Either John's sister either didn't "spring ahead" or he read the clock wrong. After all had been fed, it was the job of getting the brood into bed. Mary was having an issue and cranky. Our boys were in bed but Andrew was being a little pistol and wouldn't stay in bed. Finally Jen had to sit up on the landing to keep him from getting up and he fell asleap quickly after that. Unfortunatly that was almost 11:00. So with the kids to bed it was time to break out the Wii. The Q's brought a few games and I actually wanted to play them since the last time they were in town I didn't get a chance to play them due to the fact that the kids took the Wii over at the party that we had. And with us having another party on Thursday night this would be probably one of the only chances that I would have to play. Another funny story; Carrie brought a couple of Wii steering wheels to play mario cart, but as I am getting ready to load in the game, I open the case, and no disc. Opps. We all got a laugh at that. So we ended up opening John's father's day gift "Lego Indiana Jones". Man that is alot of fun. This is the first time I have played anything in the lego series since again every time we play these games the kids take over. After John and I played for a while (and got stuck) we handed the controls over to the womenfolk and grabbed a snack. I think Jen and Carrie had a good time playing the game. Time flew and it was after midnight before I knew it. During the night Izzy had an issue and not a happy camper either. This morning I found her and Carrie downstairs asleep. I will find out what happened when I get home. So far the visit has been lostsa fun with only a couple more days until they head to the East. :( I actually enjoy the pandelerium when they visit.

1 comment:

CAQuincy said...

Still don't quite know what Izzy's issue was. Chalk it up to apparent cold and/or allergies with a bit of possible night terrors thrown in. She kept waking up crying and sniveling, but you could tell she wasn't really awake. I moved downstairs to spare the other three inhabitants of the room.

Lego Indiana Jones ROCKED, and I have a feeling John and I will be up late many more nights solving the rest of it!