Friday, July 11, 2008

That was kinda cool

Yesterday I am doing some running around for my work. On my way out I see a sign for a business down the road that they are having a garage sale. They do this every once in a while. It's kind of unusual to see a huge warehouse having a "garage sale". Not knowing what they actually do in this run down looking warehouse I am thinking that their "garage sale" is where employees bring in their crap and they have an impromptu flee market. Its strange because it's only tues-thurs and ftom 8 - 4. On the way back to the office I decide to stop by and check it out. Much to my surprise the place is very crowded. Come to find out this little warehouse is America's leading manufacturer and marketer of outdoor products, household consumer products, and professional kitchen textiles. They had quite a few different cushions for outdoor furniture. Very unique and different patterns that you wouldn't find in most box stores. The part that interested me was that they had quite a few unique patio umbrellas. I need a new one since I sold my miller lite umbrella in the last garage sale. Unfortunately the garage sale is poorly organized so everything isn't marked and no one is around to help you, but the one umbrella that I saw was $35 which is a pretty good deal. Of the stuff that was actually marked, I could have gotten a pair of oven mitts for 25 cents. Who knew our next door neighbor actually had some cool stuff. Next sale I might go earlier in the week or in the day so I can talk to someone and see if they have more stuff earlier in the week.

http://www.ardencompanies.com/

`

No comments: