Friday, September 21, 2007

Random Randomness

A couple things lately that have kinda bothered me a little bit and I thought I would vent a little bit.

The new Journal Gazette paper format - I finally got a chance this week to see the new smaller format from their new press. I am not a real big fan of it. I guess it's just a thing of where you get used to something for 40 years of your life and it's just strange and hard to get used to. Either that and I am an old fart that doesn't like change. I am sure I will get used to it eventually.

The bigger gripe is our dinning adventure on Wednesday night. A while back I found out this neat little thing that ONE Pizza Hut offered. There was a small building behind their restaurant on E. State Street. In this little shop you could pull up, pay $5 for a large peperoni or sausage PRE-MADE pizza, maybe a couple bucks for bread sticks that is pre-made and ready to go. Last time it was maybe 3 minutes and I was heading home with my pizza. Wednesday I decided to do it again since we needed to eat for cheap and fast since it was near the boys' dinner time. I pull up to the little shop and locked... crap. I look over and their signs say that the $5 is available in the drive-through, crap. Since I was already out of my car and 20 feet away from the restaurant I decided to pop in a grab the pizza. Of course it was 5:30pm on a pizza buffet night in the restaurant so it was very busy. I finally get up to the counter after 5 min and give her my order of one pizza and two breadsticks (with 8 breadsticks being more than the large pizza, so much for cheap). I had to wait at least 10 minutes for them to make a pizza and heat my breadsticks. I almost asked why they did away with the CONVENIENT store across the parking lot but decided to get going since I am sure the kids were chewing the trim work at home. I am sure there was a thing about the "freshness" of the pizza or a labor cost thing. $5 is a good price for pizza hut pizza, but definitely not worth driving 10 min to E. State, waiting for the pizza, and then driving 10 min home to let it get cold. On the way home I noticed that Marcos and Papa Johns had $5 larges too and much closer to the house. I prefer Pizza Hut pizza of all of them, but lately I have had to stress the "for cheap" aspect. We will see the next time.

The third thing is when Jen and I were at her doctors appointment Wednesday. After her exam the nurse practitioner asked if we had any questions. I commented that I couldn't think of anything else that she had mentioned. The nurse says, "oh you mean complained about". No I meant "mentioned". I don't need a nurse to get me into trouble. I can do that all on my own thank you.

No comments: