Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Why do they keep tempting me like this????????

Introducing the newest ipod. It's the ipod touch or as I call it the itouch. It's basically the iphone without the phone part (thus without the extra $60 a month charge) It's either 8 or 16 gig of music, video, and pictures starting at $300. Also the itouch includes a wifi interface that can pick up wifi and display true websites. All the features of the iphone are on the itouch including using your fingers to scroll through covers of albums and pinching the screen to zoom in and out. Such a cool toy. Also improved was the ipod nono that now includes a video screen for the same price as the old one.

Would I like to have one?..... hell yeah
Do I need one?....................nope
Can I afford it?..................hell no

I look at the practicality of having one of those things and it really doesn't make sense. Nowadays the only time I spend listening to my music is the 45 minutes it takes me to cut the grass and my old tapeplayer walkman comes in real handy for that time, including my old Rush "show of hands" cassette tape. I can't even imagine when I would use the video or picture features unless I had alot of time to sit around or go places, and with 2.5 kids that aint happening. Much like the shoqbox mp3 player that I bought, I hardly ever use it, but at only $30 I could justify that purchase. So another toy to look at and drool over, I wonder where the technology will be at when my kids are teenagers.

No comments: