Tuesday, October 30, 2007

MR Halloween party

By Saturday we were finally able to work out the logistics of actually going to MR's Halloween Party. My mom was out of town, Jen's parents were going to a party too, but lucky for us Jen's friend Tracy was available. Also Jen was able to rearrange and switch her work schedule to be able to make it. Her boss asked her why she needed Saturday off and Jen told her that she wanted to go to an adult party. Her boss says "ADULT" Party??? No, not that kind of Adult party, just one without kids. So anyway..... I had been looking for a week for a cheap costume. Costume's aren't required for MR's party, but it can be kind of fun to dress up. I just didn't want to spend more than $20 on a costume. Many trips to Walmart, Meijer, Halloween USA, and even some Internet shopping didn't even get close. The weekend before Halloween probably isn't the best time to get a deal on costumes, but I tried. I wasn't finding anything, but remembered that I had an old basketball uniform in the attic from the days when I played with the radio station. It was a pretty gaudy shiny turquoise outfit which was my backup costume idea. I got the uniform down and it still fit pretty well. The pants were a little snug, but I figured it would work. We decided to put Andrew down to sleep before we left and let Tracy put down William when he was good and tired. I gave both the boys baths and we put Andrew down. A few minutes later he started crying like he knew we were leaving. After about 10 minutes of crying it started to go into screaming which is not like him. The funny thing is that he did the same thing last Halloween to Tracy while we were at MR's party, but it was at 11:00pm and lasted an hour until we got home. Jen and I decided to go upstairs and calm him down before we left him with Tracy. We walk in the room to calm him down, and then "the cough" starts. Nooooooooo. Yep, he pukes spaghettioos all over the place. Crap. So we cleaned him up and his bedding. Jen rocked him to calm him down and he finally fell asleep after half an hour, but not without more struggle. So finally Andrew asleap, William set, Jen and Tracy start gabbing. Finally we get out the door around 9:00. We get to the party and see some new faces and a few familiar ones. Once again the food and drinks were fantastic. It was great to be able to visit with friends again, it has been too long and not often enough. MR did the whole Mentos/Diet Coke experiment and it actually worked out pretty well. MR got a neat little Margarita machine that could some in real handy during the year. The one bummer is that time went way to fast. Keith, Jeff, and wives left around 11:00ish and before I knew it the clock said 12:00 for us too. Time to get home. We got home to find Tracy the boys asleep on the couch. It was again a lot of fun and I am looking forward to MR's Christmas party. I also need to look around now for a good deal on a Halloween costume for next year. I am looking for the group picture of the party people to do have a little photoshop fun..

1 comment:

MR said...

Glad you could make it. I could e-mail you the picture, but in my laziness, I'll just refer you to Marcus's blog. I think of the four he posted, there's only one where we're all actually looking at the camera. he's at eledteacher.blogspot.com