Monday, May 12, 2008

Mudder's Day..

When me prayers were poorly said
Who tucked me in me widdle bed
And spanked me till me arse was wed

Me Mudder

Who took me from me cozy cot
And put me on the ice cold pot
And made me pee if I could not

Me Mudder

And when the morning light would come
And in me crib me dribbled some
Who wiped me tiny widdle bum

Me Mudder

Who would me hair so neatly part
And hug me gently to her heart
Who sometimes squeezed me till me fart

Me Mudder

Who looked at me with eyebrows knit
And nearly have a king size fit
When in me Sunday pants me s***

Me Mudder

When at night her bed did squeak
Me raised me head to have a peak
Who yelled at me to go to sleep

Me Fadder!

Mother's day weekend kinda started Friday night. On the way home I stopped to pick up a pizza. Papa Murphy's was running a special on a Taco pizza. Now usually we are just the typical pepperoni kinda family, but occasionally we will splurge and Jen will get one with all the "junk" on it (aka supreme in the Pizza Hut parlance). This was actually very delicious as specialty pizzas go. Yet another pizza from Papa Murphy's that has impressed me. The other being the stuffed crust 7 meat one. Saturday I got up and took the Saturn to get the oil changed and a transmition leak looked at. I was able to get the oil changed, tires rotated, and transmition leak fixed for a little over $100. It probably helped that I wasn't dealing with the one service manager that beats you up with preventative maintenance until you agree to it. (The only thing I don't like about getting the car serviced there). Besides that I like the free pop and cookies and WiFi. After getting done at Saturn I ran the Jeep registration to Odaniels so they could get the paperwork finished on transferring plates and other stuff. I pull up so see every sales guy hanging outside the door. How is it that every time I stopped by I had to fight to get any attention from my sales guy? It was a nice day and people were staying home and getting stuff done around their house. I got home and soon after Jen took off to work. I asked Jen what she wanted to do for Mother's Day and she couldn't make up her mind, so that left Sunday up in the air. The boys and I just hung out around the house. I was thinking of trying to get outside, but it clouded over and started to get pretty chilly so I decided against it since I don't want to take Christopher outside too much just yet. The boys did pretty good and went to bed half way decent as well. Jen didn't get home until midnight so I knew it would take her a while to wind down. Andrew woke me up Sunday morning around 7:00am so I took him downstairs to get him breakfast and to let mommy get some more sleep. Around 9:00 we started getting everyone around and ready for church. After church we talked to mom and came up with a quasi-plan for the day. We took the boys home and fed them lunch, then we went over to mom's for a visit. We hung out there for a little while, and then Jen and I took off for a nice lunch. Nothing like celebrating mother's day than getting rid of the kids for a while. We lunched at Triangle Park which we were hoping would be done with the after church crowd by the time we got there. No such luck as we were waiting with 20 of our closest friends. But surprisingly we were seated very quick since we indicated "first available". I think people still have a stigma about being seated in the bar area since it used to be a place people could smoke. Jen got her usual (stuff shrimp), but I got something a little different. It was a baked chicken breast over fetuchini alfredo topped with crab meat and a holendase sauce. It was good, but if the holendase sauce had a little more flavor it would have been perfect. As we are sitting there half the crowd gets up a leaves. We were just a little early to miss the Sunday buffet people. Of course as we are leaving there are people waiting for seats by the front door even though the bar area was still less than half full. I like the dinning room too, but there isn't anything wrong with the bar area. Oh well. After that we picked up Christopher's pictures at the mall and headed back to mom's house. We loaded up the kids for Grandma #2 house while my mom was about the head over to Dan's house. We picked up a ice cream cake on the way to Grandma's house and spent the rest of the day visiting and playing with them. Uncle Jim had just bought a new playstation 3 so we started to play with that. I tell you the graphics of the Wii blew me away and then seeing ps3 was even better. We started playing a driving game that William tried out and was actually pretty good at. Of course playing the PS3 with a 57 inch plasma two feet in front of you helps the effect quite a bit. So home pretty late and put the boys to bed..

No comments: