Wednesday, May 28, 2008

That was NOT three days off

A three day weekend occurred and I missed it. Actually it wasn't that bad, but is sure seemed short. I really didn't get as much done as I should have, but a few small things. Jen had to work Saturday and Sunday so I spent much of those days playing with the boys. Usually I can get stuff done with William and Andrew helping me, but when I watch Christopher, I don't like to be too far away. Usually I wait until his naps to get stuff done. Saturday we were up pretty early due to the children alarm clock. After I got out and fertilized the lawn, Jen left for work and the boys and I had a lazy morning. When Christopher went down for a nap I saw the opportunity to get some stuff done. I grabbed some tools and headed for the back yard to do some weeding with the two boys. I would weed a little bit, go over and push Andrew on the swing, weed some more, push Andrew, etc... After a while of this I was tired, and Christopher woke up. Then I took the boys for a walk to see if I could wear them out a little bit. We had a nice walk and headed down to the community park that we have in the addition so the boys could play on the playground equipment. After that we headed back and I fed the crew dinner. Jen arrived home a little bit later and we just visited and put the boys down to bed. The bed time process is finally getting a little easier in our house. Christopher goes down very easy, William is pretty easy and doesn't require me to sit in the hallway anymore. Andrew is the pistol. He will usually get out of bed at least 2 or 3 times and go into the hallway, but I can sit in my chair and just snap my fingers and tell him to go back to bed and he does.
Sunday we all got up and went to church. After church Jen headed off to work and I took the boys over to my mom's house after feeding them lunch. My mom had talked about getting together to watch the race, but I wasn't sure what time it started, and also I didn't know that she actually made it a party with snacks and everything which was very good. So we just hung around mom's place and the boys played with my brother and uncle while I tried to watch the race. Unfortunatly Andrew started a coughing fit which ended with him puking all over my mom's house. (so much for those circus peanuts and m&m's). I couldn't tell if his coughing was due to the cold that he is currently fighting or if he is alergic to mom's new dog. It seems like everytime he comes in contact with that dog he ended up having some sort of reaction. It might just be a coincidence, but we are probably going to get him tested. For some reason he doesn't have a problem with mom's other dogs. I would hate for my mom to have to get rid of her new dog, but I am not sure I want to have to drug Andrew every time he goes over there either, we will see. We went home and met up with Jen coming home from work (sucks to be in retail sometimes).
Monday we woke up to rain and gray skies. We didn't really have a plan for the day, but seeing the weather ruled out going to the lake for the day. I just didn't want to take the chance (or spend the gas) to up to the lake for a few hours to sit in a camper either. We broke out the newly repaired (aka. rigged up) waffle maker. Yeah I fixed it with a couple bolts and washers. I was about to cut the box recipe in half since the boys already had breakfast, but decided to make the whole batch since they freeze, and I am glad that I did. Even after two bowls of cereal, the boys were more than happy to help me eat some waffles. After a couple rounds of "I don't know, what do you want to do today?" between Jen and I we decided to go over to the zoo for a little bit. We figure if it did rain that it wouldn't matter since we had the season pass and we wouldn't be out anything. It ended up being a real nice day after all. We walked around the zoo, ran into the Kannings, and had fun. I took the boys on the zoo train ride, and then both of them on the horse ride. It was Andrews FIRST time to ride the horse. Technically he isn't old enough to ride the horses since you have to be 3 years old to ride, but he is tall enough. He really enjoyed it. (will post pics later). After closing the zoo down we headed home and had Reuben sandwiches for dinner (a little treat for memorial day). We put the boys to bed and broke out the laptop. We had fallen way behind on our "Bones" and "House" watching. Good thing they have their old episodes on-line. We sat huddled around the laptop and watched 3 episodes until after midnight. I need to find a cable to plug that thing into the TV.

1 comment:

MR said...

cringed when said your Mom might have to give up her dog.