Friday, May 09, 2008

That was kinda freaky..

Yesterday I was checking my email and it I see that someone has emailed my facebook account. I hardly ever go on there so it's good that my email gets alerted. Anyway the email is from Jim Hall who is wondering if I was the Dave Hogan that went to St. Charles School. I notice the name is one that I remember from grade school. In almost 25 years since leaving grade school this is the second time that I have actually came across someone from grade school. Or at least one that I recognize. The other was a girl who I worked with at the radio station and ended up taking her job when she left. Kinda freaky blast from the past and I email him back. Then today, I am in line at the bank and a guy comes walking up to me. I look at him and he looks familiar and he says to me, "aren't you Dave Hogan? I am John Klingenburger" another grade school classmate. I must look kinda similar than I looked 25 years ago. We sit there and chew the fat a little bit. Come to find out that he just had a new baby back in Feb and his two other children are about the same age as my kids. We both got a late start on life and we both have the white hair to prove it. I tell him about my email from Jim and he says that Jim is his kids soccer coach and that Jim's parents live in the same cul-de-sac as him. He also says that on the other part of the cul-de-sac lives another guy we went to grade school with. That was so strange...

1 comment:

CAQuincy said...

Dude. Fort Wayne is just too freakin' SMALL.