Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Anybody wanna buy a rock???

As noted in my blog before, I am in the process of some pretty big landscaping projects including the removal of a couple tons of flagstone rocks. The pile of rocks is getting bigger and bigger with only being about halfway done. Now I have plenty of offers from friends to help me get rid of these stones (for free of course) to their own houses and projects, but I decided to see if I could make a little money for mulch and other projects. Now I know that these stones aren't cheap and that people pay big money for landscaping projects, so I figure some landscaping company would be more than happy to get these stones off my hands. Cha-ching!!

So far I have called 5 landscaping companies and no one will buy these stones or know of anywhere that will. This one place actually recommended that I take them to the landfill to get rid of them (yeah right). I guess that I didn't realize that once these stones were in the ground that they aren't good anymore.. they're freaking stone!!!!! I am still trying to figure out why someone wouldn't buy the stone because they are "used". I can see they wouldn't want to bother if I only had a couple stones or a small pile, but these piles are a couple ton at least (so far). I have found out that these rocks sell for .20 - .25 cents per pound. I would be happy for .10 a pound if they came and picked them up (I don't deliver a ton of rock). I have one more message into a landscape company that might be interested, but if not, then a sign goes on the pile in the front of my house or in the peddlers post. Used Rock : Driven only on Sunday : Stored outside : Etc, etc. So far my neighborhood has proven to be a hotbed of getting rid of stuff including an old frige that lasted a week, and a dishwasher that lasted an hour, (of corse they were free). I think the rocks are next.

2 comments:

Marcus said...

I'm thinking housewarming gift for Cerpicio and Paula!

Start chiselling and create a piece of art.

MR said...

chiseling is charging .20 to .25 cents a pound. I've got an idea... just wait until Halloween night.

"I got a chocolate bar!"
"I got a sucker!"
"I got licorice!"

"I got a rock, and it's f$%*in' heavy!"

They would probably drop clean through their little bags, dumping their candy all over your porch.