Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Yes I am Crabby

The poison ivy has made me a little edgy and crabby the past couple of days since it is continuing to spread and nothing was keeping it in check. I decided to go to the doctor for some real stuff.

I have had this before... numerous times, so I know what cures it. I call the doctor's office and try to get an appointment just for a shot of Cortisone and a prescription for some topical medicine. I tell the nurse how bad it is and she tells me that I should probably see the doctor. Damn #1, there's a wasted hour even with a specific appointment. My doctor has 5 rooms in his practice so he is always behind in time. I get to the doctors and have to fill out paperwork since I hadn't been there in 9 months, and then finally called back. They take my height and weight at the office before going into room #5. Now I have weighed myself at home and actually have been loosing some weight due to the manual labor of cutting sod and working on landscaping so I am wondering if I have lost anymore from the last time. She says how much I weigh (none of your business) and I say, "excuse me... there is no way". This is where I find out that our scale at home is off at least 10 lbs, and not in my favor. Damn #2. So I am depressed a little bit. The wait for the doctor was relatively short I think due to the fact that I was the last appointment of the day and he wanted to get outta there. So he looks me over and says, "yep, that's a bad case of poison ivy" (No Sh*t Sherlock, what was your first clue) so he prescribes some medicine and I talk him into letting me get the topical cream as well. I just spent about an hour there for something that I could have done in 5 minutes with a nurse's aide. So I head out of there and head for the pharmacy, keeping in mind that Jenny's boss asked her to come back into work for a little bit that night so I am trying to get home as soon as possible. The pharmacy is not that busy for 6:30pm at night. I drop off my prescriptions and wander Walgreens. I actually like to wander Walgreens to see all of the cool stuff, toys for the kids, seasonal decorations, and of course the Halloween Candy (shudder). They told me it would be around 10 to 15 minutes which isn't too bad. So after a little wandering I decide to sit down next to the checkout counter and wait. Finally, after a while, they start calling names for prescriptions that are ready to be picked up, which starts forming a very long line with only one person checking people out. My name gets called and I get in line. Of course my luck, everyone in front of me has some sort of freaking problem. One guy pulls up his SHOPPING CART full of stuff to pick up a prescription. WTF? Damn #3. How sad is it that you do your weekly shopping in the Walgreens waiting for your prescription. I am sorry, but if you have that much crap go up to the regular checkout that doesn't have a line of people waiting. This is alot like the reason I don't go into gas stations (or so called "convienence" stores) anymore (I pay at the pump) I will get stuck behind the one yahoo buying lottery tickets and has to hand pick every one separately, and scratch them off right there too!! I don't mind buying one or two items with prescription, but please. Anyway the next person in line has a few items as well, but it isn't a shopping cart full so I figure it will go relatively fast. NO, she swears the the Disney kite that she has is on sale for $1.49 instead of the $1.99 so the person has to call for a price check which of course no one answers. Damn #4. I almost offered her .50 cents to leave. So after a few minutes the clerk takes the 40' walk to the toy isle and sees that it is on sale. Now the next person in line goes into this speech about how his insurance is different, but his wife is on the account but hers is alright, etc. etc. etc. Damn #5. Why the heck didn't he solve this problem when he dropped off his prescription to the girl at the unbusy counter????? Next lady in line goes to pay for her prescription, but doesn't want the generic, so they have to try and find all the paperwork again and see if they have non-generic. Damn #6. Finally I get up to the counter, give them my name, pay for it and leave. I almost said to everyone else in line "see how freaking easy that is??"

Finally I rush home after being at the pharmacy for over an hour only to find out that Jenny's boss changed his mind and decided not to have her come in after all, so I didn't need to rush. Damn #7. Jenny could have told me that an hour before but my phone's battery died. Damn #8.

BUT, I have my medicine and I am feeling better and a little less crabby... Believe it or not.

2 comments:

Marcus said...

poisonous, treasonous ... a day of damnations, damns, and damnits!

I hate waiting. If I were suffereing from poison ivy, which I thankfully don't acquire, I would have been none-too-kind to those making me wait. I think the other approach could have been -- scratching, flaking off skin in people's directions, "boy this poison ivy is rotten!"

Here, let me help you with that item that you claim is on sale ... [touch touch touch]

She screams, drops item, runs -- almost better than the plague -- poison ivy, easy to give to others.

Cerpicio said...

Yeah, my scale is different than my doctor's.

I like my scale better.