Tuesday, August 22, 2006

We came.....We Saw..... We kicked it's ASS !!!!

(Title from Ghostbusters)

Another marathon session from myself and my father-in-law has finally finished the monster swingset/playset. Overcast skies made the forecast for Saturday look bad, but we decided to go for it. We started working on it around 11:00am or so dragging out the tools and stuff that we would need. I still had to make many trips to the garage to grab the pieces and parts as we needed them which sucked, but it was better than getting everything out there and then having it rain on us. Yes I know "who cares if the pieces get wet, it's a freaking outdoor swingset!!". But I liked to keep that parts separated so we didn't have to worry about using the wrong pieces.

I gave my father-in-law an option a couple times during the day to stop working, but he got into the "lets finish it" mindset, which was fine with me. Jenny unfortunately had to work during the day so our "hardware separator" was unavailable for the day (which made the day longer), but my mother-in-law was able to watch the kids during the day which was nice. Finally as it was getting dark (around 8:30pm) we put in the last screws and bolts. The clean-up was quick where we just threw everything into the wheel barrow and threw it into the garage.

Jenny and her mom had ordered Riverbend Pizza. So with muscles aching, and a cold beer in my hand, I ate my pizza. The next day it felt good to look outside and see the completed project. I would never have thought that it would have turned out so well. I hope that my boys get years of enjoyment out of it.

4 comments:

CAQuincy said...

You RULE!! And your FIL does, too!

Wow--that IS big.

MR said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MR said...

All that work just to finally hear a woman say those words.

MR said...

Four years from now:

"I dare ya to climb up on the railing and walk across the beam over the swings."

BUT, that's what the sod is for, so that they don't plummet into the abyss like the Wizard in Lord of the Rings (really boring movie).