Thursday, August 24, 2006

You are freaking kidding me

Every once in a while I wish I was a police officer. Not necessarily because I would actually want that job, but more for people always doing stupid things in front of me. Since a real cop never actually is around I would love to be able to pull people over. This is my story:

I am going home yesterday and I get off I-469 and try to turn left onto Maplecrest Rd. I have to stop at the offramp and wait to cross the lanes of traffic. Some times I sit there for a few seconds and sometimes its a few minutes since I have to try and cross 4 lanes of traffic going 50 mph (at least) going both ways. So I am waiting and finally see my opportunity, but then this punk on a crotch rocket comes flying up the road to my right. And he is really giving it some gas and winding it out. This is one of those times when I wish I were a cop to nail this yahoo. But then I look to my left and see a plain white Chevrolet Impala. Could it be? Could it be? YES IT'S A COP!!! JUSTICE I SAY. SOMETIMES WE WIN!! This cop in the unmarked police car quickly slows down in front of me and I am thinking that he is going to do a quick U-turn and nail that little s.o.b. NO, cop does an illegal left turn onto the 469 on-ramp, ignoring the motorcycle. WTMFH? I actually threw my hands up and yelled at the cop, but to no avail. I just had to shake my head. I know he probably has other stuff to do then nail kids on crotch rockets, or he wasn't on duty, but I was so expecting to see some read and blue lights. Sigh

1 comment:

Marcus said...

Justice doesn't often happen in "the now".