Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Reality Check

I had one of those experiences this weekend that stops you dead in your tracks.....

I got a call from an old friend Saturday night. He told me that he had just heard that our class was having a class reunion in about half an hour, and that he just heard about it himself. Quick math on my part and figured 20 years, what?, Huh? no way!! 20 YEAR reunion. I actually paused and thought, "nooooo, it can't be that long", but yes it was. I was just going along in my life, happy as a clam, then WHAM... REALITY. Damn I am old.

I guess being in the phone book makes it real hard to get ahold of me or know what my address is. Not that I would have went anyway, but it would have been nice to have that option. I can imagine who was actually at this event over the weekend. The same click that hung out together in high school so I didn't really miss anything. I went to the 10 year reunion and we actually voted (as a class) never to have another reunion. Obviously someone didn't get the memo.

2 comments:

Keith said...

After I read your post, I couldn't help but picture your 10 year reunion.

"Hey everybody, nobody hear really wants to see each other ever again, so lets vote to NEVER have another reunion!"

davesbeachbar said...

it was actually kinda like that. They asked if anyone wanted to head up the 15 year reunion committee and no one volunteered so then it came up to never do it again and we all voted for that option. But of course 20 years is quite the milestone.