Tuesday, October 17, 2006

And now the news....

This weekend was the typical, "OMG it's getting colder, now is the time to try and get all the projects done I should have done this summer" kinda weekend. Saturday's project was to fix the yardlight in the front yard. It was working when we moved in, but stopped working sometime in the spring. I knew that we had clipped the line when we transplanted some of the plants around the house, so I figured here was the problem. The head of the yard light is in need of help too. Like everything else in this house it's seen better days and is being held on the post by a screw.. maybe. So the plan was to replace the head of the yardlight and fix the wire. I am thinking maybe an hour or so. Nope. Took most of the day. I cut the wire where we had clipped it and attached a light and found out that it still didn't work. So I dug out most of the wire, backtracking until I found a spot of the wire that was very crispy and burnt. Repaired that and the other part in the wire that I had just cut. We decided to make the trip to the hardware store a "family" event with the whole crew. We ended up going to two different places and still didn't find a light that would be close to matching the other lights. That and the kids and Jenny were cranky so the last stop at Menards was quick. So put the old head back on the post and hooked everything back up, and it actually works.

Sunday's excitement was a trip to a school carnival, or harvest festival (my first). This was an alright event where there was a ton of kids in cramped space all running around and playing games trying to win pieces of candy. I took William to most of these games and he actually did pretty well in some of them. Most involved him throwing something, which he is real good at. We went to grab something to eat, Hot dogs and Chili, and they ran out of dogs. bummer. They brought out more, but quickly ran out of those too. The highlight of the night was that I took William on a Straw ride (not hay ride) on a trailer pulled by a tractor. We had a lot of fun and William enjoyed it, but man they packed in the people into the back of this trailer and the kids were all over the place trying to shove their way to the front so they could look out the front. I had to actually have William in my arms and keep my arm up so the other kids wouldn't crush William. Besides that it was a pretty fun night. The night ended up about an hour early since they had such a huge turnout that they ran out of everything and had to close up.

1 comment:

Marcus said...

Sounds fun! Perhaps William is going to be a pitcher for MLB? Just don't juice!