Friday, October 06, 2006

Don't shoot it.. you will just make it mad!!


I know I have a few jobs as a husband that are truly only mine. One is Spider Killer. Jenny's job is to point them out to me and say "kill it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". I think she actually put a cup over a bug for a couple of days I think trying to starve it. I was hoping to pass along the job of spider killer to my son, but he just calls the spiders "ladybug" and doesn't know exactly what they are. This time of year brings alot of bugs into the house, but the one lately have been these wolf spiders. They are huge, harry, ugly things that are extremely fast. I spotted one of these things in the family room the other night and proceeded to hit it with a shoe that I had laying around. After hitting this spider, it just looked at me and said, "huh? excuse me? can I help you?" and kept on moving whereupon I lifted the shoe up as high as I could and made sure he wasn't getting out of the next hit. Yesterday morning I was eating a bowl of cereal and saw a little wolf spider in the front room and promptly stepped on it. While finishing my cereal I saw another HUGE mo-fo along the side of the room. So I decided to finish my breakfast first then kill it. I looked up and the SOB was gone (they are so fast). So I tracked it down to the corner of the room. Now, the fun part of this spider hunt that there are toys all over the floor so they can hide under them and surprise the crap out of you when you move it. So I am moving toys away from the corner of the room and all of a sudden there are 3 huge spiders in the corner. Was it an ambush?? The spiders scatter so I start stepping on them like I am dancing a jig. They are so big there is actually a "snap" when I crush them (ick). Now not much scares me, but even that gives me the heebie-jeebies. ughhh.

No comments: