Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Mom's China Adventure (the China Syndrome)

My mom left on Saturday for a two week visit to China with her friend. Her friend's daughter married a diplomat and is stationed in China at an embassy or something like that, so at least they will have someone who knows the area.... and can get them out of trouble when they get into it. Those of you who are saying, "what trouble can they get into?" don't know my mom very well. One of the reasons I love the World Wide Web, it that I just received a couple e-mails from them telling me what they are up to, how cool is that? My mom is going to have some stories to tell when she gets home because in the first day they were there my mom has already got into dickering with the merchants at the markets even though she doesn't speak the language. But she sure has the value of a dollara (or whatever) and the conversion down pretty good. She also found out that her visa doesn't work there, but her friend's ATM card from a local Credit Union does, go figure. She has also been in a car crash. The cab they were riding in rear ended another car, but everyone is alright. ALL THAT IN THE FIRST DAYS OF VACATION!!! I hope that there is a China left when they leave :).

More to come.....

1 comment:

Marcus said...

Your Mom sounds like a, "hoot"!