Friday, October 20, 2006

Haunted Nemo

William has this cute flashlight of the "Finding Nemo" character, Nemo. When you push the button you hear bubbles and the mouth pops open to reveal the flashlight. Like I said it's a cute little thing. The other night was bath night for the boys and I was getting ready to put Andrew into his bath with William "helping" me. As I was walking into the bathroom with Andrew I noticed something in the bath. Now it's not unusual for William to "help" me and put bath toys in the bath, but I quickly noticed that it was the Nemo flashlight. I wanted to scold him for putting it in the water, but hey I figured that I really couldn't fault him since it was Nemo and just like the other nemo bath toys. So I took the flashlight out of the tub and put it in the sink to dry out. After a day or so I pushed the button on the flashlight and it still worked. Cool, I thought.

So fast forward to that same night. In the middle of the night I wake up thinking I am hearing something, but it just doesn't register, and both the boys are still asleep. So back to sleep. A few minutes later I hear it again. It's the bubble sound coming from the flashlight next to the bed!!! I didn't touch the button. I figure the button is just stuck so I press it a few times and go back to bed. Nope. The thing kept "bubbling", so I just threw it under a bunch of clothes to kill the sound and went back to bed. The flashlight "bubbled" all night long. The next day I took it down stairs to put with the rest of the toys. That night Jenny fell asleep on the couch downstairs and it bubbled next to her and about scared her half to death. She took the batteries out of the light and it kept "bubbling". Now if the little mouth would have opened and the light came on too I would have quickly performed and exorsisim and chucked it out the window for sure.

I figured the flashlight is pissed for getting dunked and is seeking revenge. We have since banished the light to the closet in the den. Hopefully it won't escape and get the other toys to join him in a revolution.

1 comment:

Marcus said...

waving or flapping its special fin, Nemo made his special friend bubble, "redrum". More scary is that it had enough residual energy or mechanical gear problems to "bubble". If only they put that technology into things that that extra bit is just what you need, like for a regular flashlight, cellphone, etc.

What you need to do for Jen is hook up a transmitter (baby monitor) so that you can make him "talk" from another room, "Daddy! Dorrie! Go back to reef!"