Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Abby.... something.... Abby Normal

I really like this halloween time of the year. Saturday night we went to MR's (becoming famous or infamous) halloween party. I decided that this year I was actually going to put forth the effort to go to the party in costume. In past years I have done half-hearted attempts with stuff I had in the closet, but I was actually thinking ahead and started planning early. I actually went to one of those halloween u.s.a stores, but I really can't afford a $40 costume. I am thinking that I might go back later this week to see what kind of sale they have (60% or more???). My first thought this year was to actually grow a beard and do a lumberjack type thing or something along those lines, but the thought of a month or so of itching and maintaining a beard for one night didn't sound like that much fun (maybe next year). That and the fact that I saw that you could just buy a beard at the halloween shop. I like having a beard in the winter, but only if I am going to be outside alot. Jen isn't a real big fan of the beard either. So looking around the house for costume ideas I remembered seeing a Santa Clause costume during the move last year and I remembered putting it up in the attic. I don't remember where the costume came from, but it didn't matter. So I went up there and dug it out. I also came across a garbage bag of old T-shirt that I have collected over the years and ended up digging out a couple of those too. The one shirt was so vulgar that I have owned it for years and never wore it, so of course I put it underneath the santa costume with plans of revealing it when I changed to go to the airport to see my mom flying in from China.

Lucky for us we were able to find a babysitter for the kids at the last minute since my mom was in China and Jen's parents had a party at their house that night. We left for MR's party with me in the santa suit, and all of a sudden I am thinking, what happens if I were to get into a wreck, or if someone sees me driving the car with big fluffy red and white shirt? I do a panic look at the gas guage to make sure we have enough gas since I sure has hell am not getting out of the car to put gas in it in this costume. We get to the party and after putting on the beard and wig, I proceed to go into the house. The look on everyone's face was priceless, with about everyone's face saying "who the hell is that?". It wasn't until Jen came in after me did they quickly figure it out, since our attendance to the party was doubtful earlier in the week. So we started to eat and drink and MR had to do a run to Meijer to get a new "Operation" game since his finally bought the farm. Around 10:30pm I change from the Santa suit to regular clothes with the vulgar shirt and walk out to the front room, and no one notices the shirt. I stand there for about 10 minutes or so and finally leave to go to the airport (after putting on a sweatshirt). I get to the airport before my mom's flight arrives and notice that my Uncle isn't there which is kinda strange since he was picking my mom up. While waiting for mom's flight my cell phone rings. It's the babysitter and she says that Andrew has been screaming for about an hour and she can't figure out what's wrong. So I am giving her instructions on what to try and tell her that I am going to leave the airport and grab Jen at the party and head home, whereupon she tells me that my uncle had called the house earlier in the night to tell us that her flight was cancelled. You see, my trip to the airport was a surprise,but it ended up being a surprise on me. So head back to the party to pick up Jen, where the ratio of girls to guys in favor of the girls. I am not sure how many of them were married, but I was thinking that MR and MH might be in store for a good night. We head for home and Jen comforts Andrew who quickly falls asleap after about 5 or 10 minutes. We figure it was either gas or the fact that when he woke up it wasn't his mom or dad comforting him.

Overall it was a pretty fun night with only a few things going spooky. Poor Lori had an issue with a Jello shot in the car when leaving MR's party, sorry about that Keith. And next time you see MH, just slap him on the nose and say, "bad Marcus". The chirstmas party is little over a month away, I better start making arrangements now.

5 comments:

Marcus said...

I deserved more of a slap on the head with a bat and, "You dork!" Thanks though. What a wicked turn of events for you all.

Cerpicio said...

So explain this vulgar T-shirt...

MR said...

You've got a month to get those life-size cardboard cut-outs of you and Jen for Andrew's room.

CAQuincy said...

So, explain MH's dumbass moment.

davesbeachbar said...

the t-shirt.. let's just say it's Fred Flintstone and the rest in an.. how shall I say it... in an "adult" situation.

And in case you didn't get that.. it's a cartoon of fred doing betty and barney doing wilma and it says "yabba dabba do" on it. I will post a picture unless the shirt meets an unexpected "accident" in the washer and dryer like Jen has threatened