Monday, April 07, 2008

ahhhhh warmth

Finally warmish weather. Man it's seems like this winter has drug on and on. Saturday around 60ish. I was farting around the house trying to fix a friends computer, but was planning on taking the boys outside when Andrew got up from his nap. Andrew finally got up and we all took off outside. I was going to try and clean the garage out, but the boys wanted to slide so we ended up going out to the backyard instead. For Christmas I got a portable fire pit, so I drug that out to the back deck and started to assemble it with the boys "help". I was getting near the completion when Christopher started fussing. So we all headed in for something to eat for everyone. I was able to get Christopher happy enough to get outside and finish the fire pit. Now getting the time to burn stuff. Actually first I have to rake up all of the twigs and stuff that fell out of the trees during the winter, then burn stuff. I decided to call it quits and just spent the rest of the day inside with the boys and sitting next to an open window enjoying the breeze. I want to wait for a bit warmer weather to take Christopher outside for any long periods of time.
Sunday after church, the boys and I headed outside to work on cleaning the garage. It was warmer according to the thermometer, but there was a little breeze that was chilly. I did a quick clean of the garage including putting all the Christmas decorations up into the attic. I was going to wait until I installed my new attic stair, but who knows when I will be able to get help from my father in law. Maybe that's something my brother and I can handle. Next was washing the Jeep. That was well overdue. Again the boys had to "help" and the did for the most part, but Andrew doesn't quite have the concept of pointing the nozzle so I took a few direct hits to the back from the hose as well as William. In the summer when it's 80 degrees I wouldn't mind as much, but it was chilly yesterday. After that and some late lunch the boys and I headed outside for more "slide" time. I hung the swings up and Andrew wanted to be pushed in his chair swing. I could barely get him out of it after half an hour or better. I fired up the grill to cook some bratwurst, so I would push him, turn the brats, push him, turn the brats. I did notice that my grill did not have a good winter. I decided to leave it outside this winter, but I bought a new cover to protect it. The cover was basically ripped to shreds. I also noticed that the burner has a huge hole in it which gives off a huge flame in one area. Also the igniter went out last year as well. So I will have to put together a list and compare the price to replace all of the parts to buying a new one. If nothing else I am going to tear it apart for a serious cleaning which is waaayyyy overdue. So finally Jen was leaving for work so I decided to keep the boys inside to play. Andrew was a crank-butt with no nap and I had to actually kind of keep tickling him to keep him awake until bed time. It felt bad to close the house up again later on in the afternoon, but I feel encouraged by the thoughts that it is going to get warmer and warmer.

No comments: