Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Trip down memory lane

My brother has been in many bands over the years since high school. One of the earliest was in a band called "Suspended Animation". There have been a couple reincarnations of this band with a few key members over the years, but nothing ever long term. The lineup of the band were some real talented musicians. The actual genre or format of what type of music they played back then was a bit up in the air. They weren't mainstream, and I guess were a bit techno or industial, or who really knows. I am sure he will fill me in. Anyway along with trying to find their "sound" they recorded a couple of songs that I would call novelty songs. Just fun stuff to play that was kinda weird. Anyway, back in 1987 they submitted one of their songs to WXKE for a contest to be on an album called "Fort Wayne Rocks Vol 2" and they actually made it on the album. Well after years of wanting to get a hold of that album so I could make an mp3 out of the song I finally was able to get the album from Dan. I rigged up an old stereo with a turntable (and 8 track) that hadn't been played in 15 years with a cassette deck that hadn't been played in 10 years. I turned on the turntable and nothing happened. But I gave the old turntable a little nudge and it started spinning right round baby like a record player... oh wait.. nevermind. Anyway I was able to get the record to record to a casette and I brought that in to work to convert to mp3. I placed the mp3 onto a movie track so I could post it here. I might try and make an actual video for the song if I get a chance to mess around with it later. I "dropped the needle" on the rest of the late 80's album and it was defiantly an 80's feel to the entire thing. Hard to believe it was 21 years ago when this album came out. So here it is, "What I like about Barnyard Animals" by Suspended Animation from the Fort Wayne Rocks Vol 2 album:



Drop me an email if you would like the mp3 !!

I will post the other song "Big Jake the Trouser Snake" if Dan can ever find it. By the way he is now in anther band called Big Daddy Caddy that hopefully will start playing around in the area. They are a mainstream, pop, kinda band. I will post any info that I get about the band later.

No comments: