Thursday, April 24, 2008

no...seriously

Just had a bit of an odd experience. Jen and I were talking last night and she brought up how we need to get some change money for the garage sale this weekend. I had a mileage expense check and was running around today so I told her that I would stop by and get some change. I almost forgot, but at the last minute I ran into the bank. I tell the friendly teller that I want to cash my check and I want it all in ones. As she was counting them out, all of a sudden, I got kind of embarrassed, since I started thinking that she is thinking "what strip club is he heading too?". Oh crap, do I say something? What does she care?Why do I care? Who is she to judge me? I decide to not say anything and just let it go, but then I have to get a roll of quarters too. Now she is thinking I am heading to a strip club and I am a cheap bastard. So as she is handing me the quarters I let the comment slip "yep, it's garage sale time". Whew I feel better, but I know she really didn't care. She actually tells me of new interest rates on auto loans which will work out well since we are looking for a minivan, and it's always good to have the ammo to the sales weasels. A friend of mine once worked at a bank right next to Stewies strip club, and she would tell me how the strippers would come in after their shifts and either deposit their money or get larger bills for the singles. EWWWW GROSSSSS. Dollar bills are just naturally carriers of bacteria and germs, but dollar bills from a strip club, you know where they have been......

2 comments:

MR said...

where?

Marcus said...

We bleach our dollars!