Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The busy weekends have begun

With the warmer weather comes more stuff to do. This weekend was no exception. Friday night was kind of a throw together kind of thing. The excitement for the night was coming inches from getting into a head on wreck. Driving home in a rainstorm I get to a intersection where the lights are out, so I treat it as a 4 way stop and so does everyone else except one guy who I just barely see at the last second when I was in the middle of the intersection. We will call him Dick. Dick was on his phone and blew through the intersection at 50 miles an hour. I get home at about the same time that Jen and the boys get back from grandma's since they were waiting the rain out a little bit too. Jen starts to throw together a home made pizza, but I stop her since it will take at least an hour and a half to throw it together and decided to run over to papa murphy's. I take the boys with me and they do pretty good, of course greeting everyone as they come into the store to get there pizza. We get home and eat drink and were merry.

Saturday I go out in the morning and get a haircut and drop by mom's house to drop something off. When I get home my father and brother in law are there to help me install my attic stairs. We start working on it and of course the boys have to come out with us to "help". They spend most of the time playing in the cars. Of course it's a cold damp day unlike last weekend or this weekend. So we get it installed and pull down the stairs to cut them to length so they will meet the floor. While taking some measurements, they decide to see how much they will have to cut off. They fully extent the ladder and... crap... too short. They don't touch the ground. My father in law bought the wrong stairs. So they leave to run to Menard's to buy the right stairs. They get back about an hour later and we proceed to tear out the old stair and install the new stairs. Lucky for us we had knew what to do, by installing the "practice" stairs. So the second install went pretty fast. I still have to do some touch up like cutting down the shims and reinstalling the trim, but that's going to wait for this weekend. Jen had to go to work, so I just spend the rest of the day playing with the boys and other general inside stuff.

Sunday we got up and went to church. Dropped the kids off at grandma's so Jen and I could have a "date" at Olive Garden. We did a little van shopping afterwards and saw a few van's that looked kind of promising. Now we just have to crunch some numbers. After that we headed back to pick up the kids. Back home and a pretty quiet night, but a very busy weekend.

No comments: