Friday, April 04, 2008

William's Birthday

Well the last of the party trifecta happened on Wednesday. After Easter and Christoper's baptism we had the final event at our house. Every year we wonder how best to do birthday parties for the kids. Some years like this one are pretty easy since Jen has to work on Saturday and won't know if she works Sunday until later on in the week. That makes making plans for the weekend an pain in the butt. Anyway we decided to just do a little something at the house on Wednesday (the day of his birthday). I am not sure if he would get more enjoyment out of a party at chuck e cheese or something like that, but he seemed to really enjoy his birthday that night. He was bouncing all over the place, saying that it was his birthday and that he was "5". He is talking more and more all the time which make me feel a little easier about letting him do things. We are talking about getting him signed up for t-ball or soccer this year. I do notice that when he approaches other kids his age and does his babbling speach they kind of look at him funny, but hopefully with more work we can get him back up to speed with the other kids. I think it might be a simple as just having him slow his speech down. I think he tries to talk to fast and it gets jumbled. Anyway back to his birthday. Jen ordered a sandwich tray at Walmart so I stopped by and picked that up. They were pretty tasty and not too much for a huge tray of little sandwiches. I get home and see Jen scrambling to try and get the house ready and things put together for the party. Another layer dip platter for those of us who didn't get any last weekend. Frosting the cake took her a little longer than expected, and she had "help" from the other two.
We had a nice little group with the in-laws, my mom and aunt suzie, and Dan. There was even an illusive sighting of the Crammers. We ate, visited, opened presents and had a nice gathering. The one present that was kind of the highlight of presents were the transformers that uncle Jim got for the boys. Now I missed the original transformers fad when they first came out in the 80's so I never had a chance to play with one of these things, but as uncle Jim quickly found out, you need a master degree in engineering to figure the stupid things out. Even with directions it took some work. I have since transformed them a couple times so I know how they work now. Also there was a car that makes noise and lights up, but the volume is low and not too annoying. The Crammers hung out after everyone else left and we had fun hearing about their trip to Disney. If only there was some way of Keith writing about it or posting pictures.... darn shame. It's hard to believe that William is 5 years old, and acting more and more like a big boy every day.

1 comment:

CAQuincy said...

I put some Transformers on our Keith's X-mas/b-day wish list, and he did get a bunch for both events. John says, "I never liked those as a kid; they are too hard to transform." Now, my brother had ONE when he was a kid, and it was EASY, so I didn't believe it.

Ugh. They are IMPOSSIBLE! I showed Keith ONCE and then walked away. He can do the little ones, but the two bigger ones he got--forget about it. Those suckers are STAYING as a fighter and a semi-truck. Nuff said.

*sigh* Can't believe William's five already. Can't believe the Cramers showed up. ;-)