Friday, April 18, 2008

Shake Shake Shake

So this morning we hear a door knob/ door rattling in the hallway. Now usually there is a couple reasons for that sound. Either Andrew was awake and was getting up to early to wake his brother, OR William was up and going in to wake up Andrew, OR that damn cat was pawing at a door hoping to wake us up so we would feed her. Both Jen and I shot out of bed to solve the problem, or shoot the cat. Jen opened Chirstopher's door but Andrews door was still rattling. She opened his door, but he was snoozing in his bed. Weird. She went downstairs to see if she could find out what that sound was. I thought it might have been the cat downstairs pawing the pocket door in the bathroom, but I knew that sound and it was something upstairs. I was a bit freaked, but more tired. Jen and I started talking about what the sound was and most definitions came back to being the cat somewhere in the house. I conjectured that it might have been a earthquake. We have had them before. So we are laying there trying to get back to sleep and the radio comes on scaring the crap out of both of us. So we are listening to the radio and sure enough there was an earthquake this morning down in Southern Indiana/Illinois. Jen and I layed there talking, and the boys woke up shortly after that, so you know we are up for the day. The good part about that is that I actually had enough time to get up, shower, and have breakfast. Usually I don't get breakfast since I sleep till the last possible moment. It's nice to have a relaxing morning with breakfast. I would love to do it every day, but I just can't get up in the morning. So you can either say it was an earthquake, or it was mother natures tribute to Charlton Heston (see above poster)

No comments: