Thursday, June 19, 2008

meh...

Jen and I are trying to get a little more into the gaming thing and actually play our Wii a little more often. We might actually splurge and buy a game for it some day!! One of the features of the Wii is that you can look up your local weather and some other stuff that is built into the basic features of the machine. The other one that peaked my interest is the internet channel. How cool would it be to surf the net on my TV. If it's half as cool as the weather feature then it would be worth it. So Jen and I are sitting around the other night talking and I mention it to her, so we go online and see that we can buy some Wii points and buy the internet feature online. My shaky controller makes entering the numbers on the keyboard a little more difficult, but I finally got it done. (fixing the controller is next on the list). In a few minutes we were surfing the net. Again the shaky controler made entering websites difficult, but we got it done. Unfortunately I don't think the design of the Wii or the browser (opera) were meant to be viewed on a 54 inch screen. It's alright, but not that cool. A big downside is the fact that the wii comes built in with adobe flash 6, but nothing newer and no way of updating it so we can't watch most of the video online. I was hoping we could so we could watch the shows we missed on the TV rather than huddled around the laptop. I still have more to look up and play with with the internet feature, but so far it's just alright..

1 comment:

MR said...

If your TV would have stayed broken, your next TV would have most definitely had a PC port for you to hook up your laptop to. Keep this in mind the next time your TV glitches out on you. Don't try to fix it!