Monday, June 09, 2008

Wunderbar

Man it's been busy at work. I am getting behind on my blogging.

Let's start with last week. Wednesday I took the day off work so I could go down to Germanfest with the family. My mom likes being there for opening day of Germanfest and always invites the kids down for a little music and food. I decided to take the day off the join them. The day didn't start out that promising with an icky looking morning and the threat of storms in the area, but it cleared up as it came closer to head out. We headed out almost on time and I was trying to get down there before the big downtown lunch crowd descended upon the tent. It took me forever to find a parking space downtown. I usually pay the $4 and park right next to the tent, but that lot was full. I could have paid the $5 at the gas house since you get that back with a food purchase, but I wasn't planning on eating at the gas house in the near future. So I drove around a little bit and all of my usual hidden gems were gone, but then I decided to try the meters by freiman square and there was a ton of them. Lucky for me I threw a little change into my pocket on the way out the door so had enough for an hour and a half. I figured that I could find change and come back if we were still there or borrow some change from my mom. I set the alarm on my cell phone to remind me. Even if I did forget, the $5 parking ticket would still be the same as paying for parking. So we pack up the crew and start walking to the tent. For some reason Andrew is in a real foul mood. He insists on being carried, which is fine, but man he is getting heavy. So we get to the tent and meet up with mom and her friends and have a nice lunch. It's still great food every year and again one of the festivals that I don't mind going to. Mom and I got a pitcher of beer but I only had a few and I think mom gave away the majority of the rest since she is still in recovery mode from her back surgery and doesn't need a bunch of beer, (but it was cheaper than buying by the glass). Andrew is still real touchy, but the boys run around a little bit fingering up the cars and trying to get to the rides outside the tent. As we are walking around I run into a bunch of people that I know from my old radio days, Captain Chris, Chris and Lisa Underwood, and Kent Horman. I hadn't talked to them in years. So after a while we decided to call it a day and head for home and put the cranky boys to bed. We go outside the gates to where the rides are to look around and the boys want to ride the stuff,but it was getting late and the rides didn't seem to be worth the couple bucks apiece to ride. We get back to the van and no ticket (yeah). We had talked about trying to hit the zoo after the festival, but with the boys being cranky and the weather still being a little iffy we decided just to go home chill.


Here is video of the boys, hopefully you can hear a little of the umpaa paaa music in the background

No comments: