Monday, June 30, 2008

We actually left the house on a saturday night !!!!

Saturday night there was a surprise birthday party for Jen's uncle Ken. We worked out an overnight stay for the two boys at grandma Diane's house which worked out well since mom and I had been talking about doing another overnight try. Jen had to work (big surprise) so after church I met up with Jen at home and we took the boys over to grandma's house. After dropping them off we headed across town. The party was being hosted by Ken's girlfriend at her house near 469 and hwy 27. We pulled up to this old farm house on 5 or 6 acres with no one else near. It is a fantastic party place that is very secluded so you didn't have to worry about annoying or being annoyed by the neighbors. Anne had a DJ for the Hawaiian themed party. She did a fantastic job decorating her garage and the surrounding area. By the time we arrived, Jen's parents were there along with her brother and some other aunts and uncles. Anne put out quite the spread with all kids of snacks and munchies. I tried to stay away form the nuts since I don't need them for my stomach, but they were so good and it has been a while since we don't keep nuts in the house on account of William and my stomach. So I go for a beer, which I know there would be plenty of. Hmmmmm which of the 12 coolers should I go to for my beer. You know it's a good party when there are 12 coolers. So I am walking around and talking and snacking when Anne tells me about another fire pit around the corner of the woods and that she wants to start it. I tell her that I am more the qualified to burn sh*t, so I offer to start it. The challenge is that I am trying to start wood pallets on fire (it's a big fire pit). she doesn't have any kerosene, but she does have some gasoline. Uh no on the gasoline. So she finds some torch fluid and I figure that would work. So I douse the pallets and try to light them, no good, finally I grab some cardboard from the cases of beer, put a little fluid on those and it starts really well. I had it going real good with 3 pallets on it, but almost no one saw it. The weather was fantastic and the bugs weren't too bad.... oh man, I just thought I could have started the fire by lighthing the spray of the bug stuff.. . About midnight the party was still going well and the dancing started to begin. We decided that it was proabably a good idea to head home. I just heard that the party broke up around 6:00am, but I will have to get confirmation on that. We stopped by mom's house to pick up Christopher on the way home and leaned that the boys were behaving pretty good, but they were up very late. After putting Christopher to bed I was feeling very awake and turned the TV on. As soon as my head it the pillow I was asleap. Even though I had the opportunity to sleep in without the boys waking me up, I still was looking at the clock at 7:00 am, but forced myself to stay asleap until after 8:30. ahhhhhhh. Grandma was not as fortunate as both the boys were up and in her face by 7:00am. It was a fun night.

Here is a video of us singing happy birthday to uncle Ken and in keeping with the Clymer family tradition they sing it badly.

No comments: