Wednesday, October 08, 2008

FINALLY !!!

I have been waiting on word about that job I interviewed for over 3 weeks ago. The company is run by a board of directors and the hiring for the position was done by a committee that met pretty infrequently, so I kind of understood the delay, but I thought for sure if they put someone through a 3 and a half hour interview they at least call them either way. I expected an answer the week following the interview... nothing. I emailed the person who contacted me.. nothing. Finally while I was getting ready for an interview last Friday I came across a cell phone number. I called yesterday and left a message. FINALLY this morning I get an e-mail saying that they were hiring someone else. The typical non-specific blow off email that I am getting used to getting. You know, even though I think this job would have been a perfect fit for me, I don't think that I would want to work for someone who was that inconsiderate and unprofessional. I thought about following up with the person to try and find out where I was lacking in skills/experience but decided it would be futile. At least I can move on. I am hoping to hear about that other job either Monday or Tuesday of next week. I was planning on doing a follow up thank you email to the president of the company but I can't find the business card. crap.

2 comments:

CAQuincy said...

Sending my "found a good job" vibes your way....

MR said...

That's when you said: "are you sure? Because I've got one skill that might be of use to you... defusing the bomb I hid in your building."